Self-invoicing agreements can be concluded with suppliers as long as the following conditions are met: when it comes to VAT self-expenditure, you must issue the customer with a VAT invoice, whether you supply services or goods to another person subject to turnover TAX at the reduced or normal rate. If you are a supplier who receives electronic invoices with self-invoicing from a customer in an EU country, you need to make sure that self-invoicing is an agreement between a supplier and a customer. Both the customer and the supplier must be vat registered. The customer draws up the supplier`s invoice and sends a copy to the supplier with the payment. The terms of the agreement are a matter between you and your customer, but there are certain conditions that you both need to meet to ensure that you comply with VAT rules. You need to create a new agreement if your supplier transfers its activities as a continued business and you and the new business owner want to continue with self-billing. Find out how customers and their suppliers have to deal with VAT when using self-invoicing agreements in VAT 700/62. Normally, the VAT delivery date is the effective date on which the goods or services are delivered to you, the customer. However, if you put a self-invoiced invoice within 14 days of the delivery date, the date on which you issue the invoice becomes the date of the transaction for VAT purposes. Be careful not to treat self-invoiced invoices as purchase invoices and to recover the input VAT declared. If you wrongly treat VAT as input VAT, you need to correct the error. If you wish to enter into a self-billing agreement, you do not need to communicate it or obtain permission. You must: All self-invoiced invoices must include the statement „The VAT declared is your turnover tax due to HMRC“.

How to set up a self-invoicing agreement between a VAT registered customer and his supplier and the conditions that must be met. The VAT on the self-billed invoice that your customer sends you is your exit tax. When you are accountable to HMRC depends on the date of delivery of the goods or services for VAT purposes. This delivery date is normally the date on which you actually make the goods or services available to your customer, so you may need to take VAT into account before receiving or paying the invoice yourself. You cannot issue self-invoiced invoices to a supplier who has changed their VAT identification number until you have prepared a new self-billing agreement for them. Note that EU countries can set their own self-billing conditions. You must therefore ensure that any agreement you enter into for a supplier in another country satisfies these conditions. If a supplier is no longer registered for VAT, you can continue to charge them yourself, but you cannot charge them VAT.

Their self-invoicing agreement with this supplier is no longer covered by VAT rules. Suppliers can be established in the United Kingdom, the European Union or countries outside the EU. Invoices cannot be issued by a supplier who has changed their VAT identification number, unless a new agreement has been concluded. Remember that you do not add VAT on invoices yourself that you make to suppliers who are not registered on turnover….